- 1 of 5 Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and undercooking by 2 minutes. Drain.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12-cup oven-proof casserole.
- 3 of 5 Mix pasta, sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream, spinach, scallions, salt, pepper in bowl. Spoon into casserole. Top with cheddar. Cover with buttered foil.
- 4 of 5 To freeze unbaked casserole, cool casserole slightly. Cover with with waxed paper, then foil. Refrigerate until cold. Label. Freeze.
- 5 of 5 Bake, covered, in 375 degrees F oven 35 minutes. Uncover. Bake 20 minutes, until temperature registers 150 degrees F.
- 1 of 1 If you have made and frozen the unbaked casserole ahead, transfer to refrigerator 2 days before serving; thaw completely or until no longer icy. To serve, proceed with step 5; remove waxed paper, then re-cover with buttered foil.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 458 kcal cal., 26 g pro., 4 g fiber, 21 g Fat, total, 45 g carb., 12 g sat. fat, 1198 mg sodium, 61 mg chol.