Creamy Red-Pepper Sauce
- 1 of 2 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 2 of 2 Add pepper puree, cream, salt, cumin and ground chipotle. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Add peas, tomatoes, cilantro; cook for 1 minute.
Red, White and Green Fusilli:
- 1 of 1 While Creamy Red Pepper Sauce is simmering, boil 1 pound fusilli or rotini until firm but tender, following package directions. Toss with sauce. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
- 1 of 3 Make Creamy Red Pepper Sauce, omitting the peas. Brush 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each) with olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Meanwhile, cook 2 bunches escarole, trimmed, washed and cut into 1-inch strips, and 1 small sweet red pepper, cored and sliced, in 2 tablespoons olive oil along with 2 cloves minced garlic in a large pot, covered, for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Slice chicken breasts, top with sauce and serve with escarole on the side. Makes 6 servings.
- 2 of 3
- 3 of 3 Nutrient Value Per Serving: 479 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated), 44 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 1,149 mg sodium, 153 mg cholesterol.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 848 mg sodium, 4 g pro., 238 kcal cal., 3 g fiber, 20 g Fat, total, 13 g carb., 10 g sat. fat, 54 mg chol.