- 1 of 9 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt. Return to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2 of 9 Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3 of 9 Add ham, if desired, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4 of 9 Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 5 of 9 Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 6 of 9 Add heavy cream; bring to a boil. Cook until the volume is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. If desired, add peas. Stir in remaining salt and pepper.
- 7 of 9 Using oven mitts or pot holders, drain pasta in a colander and place it in a large bowl.
- 8 of 9 Pour sauce over pasta. Add cheese and toss to coat.
- 9 of 9 If desired, add parsley and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 706 kcal cal., 4 g fiber, 1974 mg sodium, 44 g Fat, total, 141 mg chol., 25 g sat. fat, 22 g pro., 61 g carb.