Fusilli with Spicy Tomato-Basil Sauce
- 1 of 5 In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Stir in tomatoes, breaking apart with wooden spoon. Stir in tomato paste, garlic powder, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Simmer, uncovered, stirring often, 20 minutes.
- 3 of 5 Meanwhile, cook fusilli in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm yet tender. Drain.
- 4 of 5 Stir wine into tomato sauce; simmer 3 minutes. Cut basil leaves into thin strips; stir into sauce. Remove from heat.
- 5 of 5 Transfer drained fusilli to large serving platter. Add 1-1/2 cups sauce to fusilli; toss to combine. Top with another 2 cups sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve immediately. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 5 g fiber, 4 g Fat, total, 67 g carb., 1 g sat. fat, 2 mg chol., 694 mg sodium, 13 g pro., 367 kcal cal.