Meat Sauce with Bow Ties
- 1 of 7 Pulse together carrots, celery, onion and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
- 2 of 7 In large bowl, mix together chopped vegetables, meat, tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper until well combined.
- 3 of 7 Place meat and vegetable mixture in 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- 4 of 7 Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 5-1/2 hours, stirring halfway through cooking time if possible.
- 5 of 7 Stir in thawed peas and heavy cream. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- 6 of 7 Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water following the package directions until the pasta is al dente, firm but tender. Drain well; return to pot.
- 7 of 7 Add half of meat sauce, about 6 cups, to the pasta in the pot; toss and serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side, if desired. Reserve the remaining half of the sauce for future meals. Freeze the sauce, tightly covered, for up to 3 months. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 511 kcal cal., 998 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 94 mg chol., 17 g Fat, total, 57 g carb., 33 g pro., 7 g sat. fat