Rigatoni alla Siciliana
- 1 of 5 Trim eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook eggplant and garlic in oil for 7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2 of 5 Stir in tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon. Add oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 of 5 While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- 4 of 5 Toss drained pasta with sauce. Add reserved pasta water, in 1/4 cup increments until desired consistency.
- 5 of 5 Stir in cheese and allow to melt slightly and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 68 g carb., 13 g Fat, total, 451 kcal cal., 16 g pro., 3 g sat. fat, 15 mg chol., 996 mg sodium, 6 g fiber