Zesty Chicken With Orzo
- 1 of 6 Be sure to read pressure cooker manufacturers direction before beginning.
- 2 of 6 Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons of the lemon-pepper seasoning.
- 3 of 6 Melt butter in pressure cooker without top over medium heat. Add the onion; saute for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened. Stir in the orzo to coat with the butter. Pour in the chicken broth, salt and the remaining lemon-pepper seasoning. Layer the chicken breasts on top of the orzo mixture. Increase the heat to medium-high. Place the lid on top of the pressure cooker and lock.
- 4 of 6 Once cooker has reached pressure, lower heat to maintain pressure, and begin timing; cook chicken for 8 minutes. Remove from heat; release pressure; cool down; remove the lid. The internal temperature of chicken should register 160 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Remove chicken from cooker; keep warm.
- 5 of 6 Place cooker without top over medium heat. Stir orzo to release any grains stuck to bottom. Add zucchini, tomatoes and thyme; cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened and orzo is tender.
- 6 of 6 Transfer the orzo mixture to a platter or individual plates. Top with chicken. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 36 g pro., 24 g carb., 9 g Fat, total, 95 mg chol., 1 g fiber, 621 mg sodium, 332 kcal cal., 4 g sat. fat