Pear & Cranberry Crostata
- 1 of 1 In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar and salt. With pastry blender, cut in cream cheese and shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just holds together. Shape into 6-inch disk. Wrap well; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 1 of 5 In a small microwave-safe bowl combine cranberries and juice. Microwave 30 seconds and set aside.
- 2 of 5 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3 of 5 Peel and core pears; halve and cut into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine pears, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in cranberries and any liquid.
- 4 of 5 On a lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll pastry to a 13-inch circle. Roll up pastry onto pin; unroll onto large ungreased baking sheet. Mound pear filling into center, leaving a 2 1/2-inch border. Fold border up and part way over filling (crostata should measure 8 inches across). Brush edge with egg; sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until pears are tender.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 37 g carb., 5 g Fat, total, 31 mg chol., 3 g fiber, 204 kcal cal., 2 g sat. fat, 0 null Mark as Free Exchange