Philly Cheesesteak Penne
- 1 of 5 Freeze steak for 15 minutes (this will help you make paper-thin slices). Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2 of 5 In a small saucepan, whisk milk, flour and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Remove steak from freezer and cut it into the thinnest strips possible. Toss steak in a bowl with Worcestershire and 1/4 tsp of the remaining salt.
- 3 of 5 Cook penne as per package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 4 of 5 Heat milk mixture over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until it begins to bubble. Simmer 2 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, the pepper slices and onion to skillet; season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cook 4 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Toss pasta with veggies, steak and any drippings. Whisk 3/4 cup of the shredded provolone into milk mixture. Stir cheese sauce into pasta mixture, thinning if needed with some of the reserved pasta water. Toss pasta with remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese and the black pepper.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 16 g Fat, total, 501 kcal cal., 6 g sat. fat, 43 mg chol., 3 g fiber, 61 g carb., 631 mg sodium, 26 g pro.