Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 of 1 Arrange a rack in the lowest slot of your oven. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate and decoratively crimp edge. Refrigerate until you are ready to add filling.
- 1 of 1 Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cloves in bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until crumbly. Stir in nuts, if using.
- 1 of 3 In a large bowl, toss together apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and cloves.
- 2 of 3 Spoon filling into pie shell, mounding slightly in the center. Top filling with crumb topping. Place on small foil-lined baking sheet.
- 3 of 3 Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 30 minutes more, until fruit is tender. Loosely tent pie with aluminum foil during last 20 minutes. Let cool for at least 1-1/2 hours. (Can be made a day ahead. Cover pie and store at room temperature.) Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 130 mg sodium, 421 kcal cal., 4 g pro., 63 g carb., 19 g Fat, total, 34 mg chol., 9 g sat. fat