Apple Raisin Nut Triangles
- 1 of 5 Toss together apples, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and butter in medium-size saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in walnuts. Let cool.
- 2 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3 of 5 Place phyllo sheets on flat surface. While working with one sheet at a time, keep pile covered with plastic wrap and clean dish towel. Remove 1 sheet from pile and lay flat on surface. Coat with cooking spray. Top with second sheet. Coat second sheet with spray. Continue with 2 more sheets, coating each.
- 4 of 5 Cut stack of 4 sheets across width into 4 equal strips. Arrange strips so narrow ends are facing you. Place 1 heaping tablespoon apple mixture on bottom right corner of one strip. Fold lower right-hand point up to meet left side. Fold lowest point on left side up along left edge. Fold triangle to right, then up, then left, then up, following along shape of triangle. Seal last fold onto triangle. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Continue with remaining strips. Then continue with remaining 12 sheets of phyllo, stacking in piles of 4.
- 5 of 5 Bake triangles in 375 degrees F oven 10 to 14 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to rack to cool slightly. Dust with sugar. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 4 g Fat, total, 24 g carb., 1 g sat. fat, 4 mg chol., 1 g fiber, 97 mg sodium, 2 g pro., 134 kcal cal.