Baked Apple Dumplings With Cranberry Filling
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 425 degrees degrees F. Combine sour cream, sugar, cranberries and rind.
- 2 of 7 Core apples, making a hole with 1-1/4-inch diameter. Do not cut through bottom; do not peel.
- 3 of 7 Divide pastry into 6 equal pieces. On a well-floured board, roll out one piece into 9-inch square. Lightly brush dough with water. Set apple in center of dough. Fill with sour cream mixture.
- 4 of 7 Gather up corners of pastry and bring together at top, forming decorative twist; cut off excess pastry and reserve. Press pastry to smoothly encase apple. Pinch each of the 4 flaps of excess dough to seal. Trim to 1/2-inch width, following curve of apple; reserve excess pastry. Press seams against apple. Refrigerate while wrapping remaining apples.
- 5 of 7 Brush a dumpling with milk. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Set on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dumplings. Place 2 inches apart on sheet. Prick dough in several places with fork, not piercing apple skin.
- 6 of 7 If desired, roll out excess dough. Cut out decorative leaves. Attach to dumplings with water.
- 7 of 7 Bake in 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 6 g pro., 76 g carb., 34 g Fat, total, 46 mg chol., 334 mg sodium, 623 kcal cal.