Banana Cream Pie
- 1 of 5 Line pie shell in pan with foil; fill with dried beans. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on rack.
- 2 of 5 Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add milk; cook, stirring, over medium heat to thicken, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 of 5 Slowly stir 1 cup hot mixture into yolks in small bowl. Stir yolk mixture back into saucepan. Return to medium heat. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, until very thick. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Place plastic wrap on surface. Cool 15 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Slice 1 banana; arrange slices in single layer over bottom of crust. Mash second banana in bowl; stir into custard filling. Pour into crust. Place plastic wrap directly over filling. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 5 of 5 Beat cream, remaining sugar and vanilla in bowl until stiff peaks form. Uncover pie. Top with cream. Garnish with third banana, sliced.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 452 kcal cal., 7 g pro., 324 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 10 g sat. fat, 26 g Fat, total, 193 mg chol., 49 g carb.