- 1 of 3 Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2 of 3 Unfold one piecrust on work surface. With fluted pastry wheel, cut 12 strips, 3/4 inch wide. Reserve two end strips for other uses. Unfold second crust. Fit into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim edge.
- 3 of 3 In small bowl, combine preserves, cherries and rind. Spread over bottom of tart; sprinkle with nuts. Evenly arrange 5 strips dough across top, 1 inch between strips. Arrange strips at right angles to first strips to make lattice.
- 1 of 2 Mix egg and water; brush on lattice; sprinkle with the sugar.
- 2 of 2 Bake in 425 degrees F oven until crust is browned and filling is bubbly, 20 minutes. Let cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove pan side.
Servings Per Recipe: 12