Chocolate Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- 1 of 1 In a medium-size bowl, stir melted butter into cookie crumbs until moistened. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- 1 of 6 In small glass measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over brandy. Let stand.
- 2 of 6 In a heavy-bottomed medium-size saucepan, whisk together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking, for 8 minutes or until temperature registers 140 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Continue stirring over low heat for 3 minutes, maintaining 140 degrees F.
- 3 of 6 Microwave gelatin mixture on high for 10 seconds, until melted. Whisk into the pumpkin mixture and remove from heat.
- 4 of 6 Pour filling into a large bowl. Set into a larger bowl of ice water and cool for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the consistency of honey.
- 5 of 6 Whip cream on medium high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6 of 6 Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. With a very sharp knife, cut into 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 438 mg sodium, 7 g pro., 486 kcal cal., 29 g Fat, total, 50 g carb., 14 g sat. fat, 170 mg chol.