Flaky Chicken Potpie
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium-size saucepan, combine water, bouillon and chicken. Cover; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Remove chicken to plate; let cool enough to handle. Place broth in 2-cup measuring cup. Coat same saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Saute onion and red pepper 4 minutes or until just tender. Stir in flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper until onion and pepper are coated. Slowly stir in reserved chicken broth. Bring to boiling; simmer, uncovered, 1 minute or until thickened.
- 3 of 5 Cut cooled chicken into 3/4-inch pieces. In large bowl, combine chicken, butternut squash, green beans, corn and thickened broth.
- 4 of 5 Unroll phyllo dough. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a cutting board, coat generously with nonstick cooking spray; repeat layering with remaining 3 sheets. Cut four 5-1/2-inch circles, then cut a smaller circle from center for venting. Or, cut phyllo crosswise into 16 one-inch strips; then cut strips crosswise in half. Spoon 1-1/2 cups chicken mixture into each of four (2 cup) 5-inch oven-proof ramekins or crocks.
- 5 of 5 Place a phyllo circle on top of each ramekin; press phyllo to edge of dish. Or, using 8 strips for each ramekin, make a lattice top, letting ends hang over edge of dish. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 1 g sat. fat, 67 mg chol., 44 g carb., 4 g Fat, total, 338 kcal cal., 32 g pro., 563 mg sodium, 6 g fiber