Pear and Cranberry Galette
Cream Cheese Pastry
Cream Cheese Pastry:
- 1 of 1 In medium-size bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar and salt. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in cream cheese and shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just holds together. Place on plastic wrap; shape into 6-inch disk; wrap well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 1 of 5 In small microwave-safe glass bowl, combine dried cranberries, brandy and water. Place in microwave oven and microwave on 100 percent power for 30 seconds; set aside.
- 2 of 5 Peel, halve and core pears. Cut into very thin slices. In large bowl, combine pear slices, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Stir in plumped cranberries with any remaining liquid.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4 of 5 On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll pastry into 13-inch circle. Carefully roll pastry onto rolling pin; unroll pastry onto large ungreased baking sheet. Mound pear filling onto center of dough, leaving about a 2-1/2-inch border all around. Fold pastry border up and partway over filling.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 400 degree F oven until pears are tender and pastry is browned, about 40 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 199 kcal cal., 5 g Fat, total, 34 g carb., 2 g sat. fat, 5 mg chol., 105 mg sodium, 2 g fiber