Pecan Pie Tartlets
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1 of 3 Toast pecans on baking sheet in 350 degree F oven until slightly darkened, 8 minutes. Let cool. (Turn oven off.) Pulse nuts in food processor until ground. Add flour, sugar, salt; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse to form fine crumbs.
- 2 of 3 In bowl, whisk water and yolks. Add to flour mixture; process until dough is moistened. Remove from processor; shape into 8 x 6-inch rectangle. Wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3 of 3 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough in 8 equal pieces. On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll out one piece of dough to 6-inch circle. Drape into 5 x 1-inch-deep pie pan. Tuck rim under; flute edge. Repeat with remaining dough for 8 pies.
- 1 of 2 Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chocolate chips over bottom of each crust. In bowl, whisk eggs, sugars, corn syrup, vanilla and 1 cup pecans. Divide mixture among pie pans, 1/2 cup per pie. Sprinkle tops with remaining nuts. Place pies onto baking sheets.
- 2 of 2 Bake 350 degree F oven 45 minutes, until crusts are golden and centers are puffed and browned; switch positions and rotate sheets halfway through. Transfer pans to wire racks; let cool. Lightly dust pies with confectioners sugar. To serve, pop pies out of pans. Cut each in half for 2 servings. Makes 16 servings (8 mini pies).
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 6 g sat. fat, 60 g carb., 6 g pro., 109 mg chol., 21 g Fat, total, 199 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 437 kcal cal.