- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 1 of 4 Combine flour, almonds, sugar and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives held scissors fashion until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork just until pastry holds together. Divide in half.
- 2 of 4 Press one-half of dough over bottom and up side of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate remaining dough. Place pastry-lined tart shell in freezer 15 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Remove from freezer; line with foil. Fill with dried beans or weights.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 400 degree F oven 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Cool on rack. Turn oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 1 of 3 Combine plums, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in bowl. Spoon into tart shell.
- 2 of 3 Roll remaining pastry to 9-inch circle. Cut dough into fourteen 3/4-inch-wide strips. Place 7 strips, about 1/2 inch apart, over plum filling. Place the other 7 strips at right angles and weave together in a lattice top. Trim ends of strips almost even with tart pan; press ends of strips to inside edge of crust to seal. Brush pastry strips with milk; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 350 degree F oven 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Tent with foil if tart begins to brown too quickly. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove side of pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 12 g sat. fat, 478 kcal cal., 7 g pro., 56 g carb., 27 g Fat, total, 140 mg sodium, 47 mg chol.