Sheila Farris's Chocolate Pie
- 1 of 5 Unfold piecrust; fit into 9-inch pie pan. Prebake according to package directions. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Mix 1-1/2 cups sugar, the flour and cocoa in medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in just enough milk to make paste; stir in remaining milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 3 of 5 Beat yolks in medium-size bowl until thick and yellow. Carefully whisk a little of hot cocoa mixture into yolks; whisk yolk mixture back into cocoa mixture. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter just until butter is melted. Pour into pie shell.
- 4 of 5 Beat egg whites in bowl just until frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat until peaks form. Beat in the 6 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie filling so it touches all around the edge, sealing the top.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 350 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 7 g sat. fat, 128 mg chol., 63 g carb., 6 g pro., 15 g Fat, total, 158 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 406 kcal cal.