- 1 of 8 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2 of 8 Hull and halve 1 pint of the strawberries for the filling. Hull and halve the remaining pint of strawberries for the top of the tart.
- 3 of 8 Fit the pie shell into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom all over with fork. Line with aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- 4 of 8 Bake the pie shell in preheated 450 degree F oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven; remove weights and foil from tart shell. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 5 of 8 Mix together 1 pint of the halved strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour. Scrape into tart shell. Place tart pan on baking sheet.
- 6 of 8 Bake in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until center of tart begins to bubble. Transfer tart pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 7 of 8 When cooled, arrange the remaining strawberry halves over the top of the tart.
- 8 of 8 Gently melt jelly in small saucepan until liquid consistency. Gently brush over top of tart to glaze. Refrigerate tart for 4 hours. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 17 mg sodium, 41 g carb., 0 mg chol., 1 g Fat, total, 168 kcal cal., 1 g pro.