Streusel-topped Apple Sour Cream Pie
- 1 of 2 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 of 2 Melt butter in large heavy saucepan. Stir in apples. Stir in 1/2 cup granulated sugar; cook, stirring frequently, 12 to 15 minutes or until barely tender. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Remove from heat.
- 1 of 4 Combine walnuts, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, cinnamon and half the salt. With fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- 2 of 4 Mix sour cream, remaining granulated sugar, salt, flour and vanilla. Mix in nutmeg and egg.
- 3 of 4 Drain apples in colander; fold into sour cream mixture. Spoon into pie shell; tilt slightly so liquid flows evenly to all parts of pie shell. Top pie with streusel topping. Place on sheet pan.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until the apples are fork-tender. If the streusel topping starts to brown too quickly, loosely tent the pie with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes of baking. Let cool for at least 4 hours before serving. (Can be made a day ahead. Cover pie and refrigerate.) Makes 10 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 26 g Fat, total, 64 g carb., 5 g pro., 503 kcal cal., 156 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 10 g sat. fat, 54 mg chol.