Pork Tenderloin with Apple Compote
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; boil 8 minutes and drain. Mash with 2 tbsp of the brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Keep warm.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, combine 1/4 tsp of the salt, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and the cumin in a small bowl. Rub all over pork tenderloins. Heat oil in a large lidded stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a baking sheet (keep skillet handy) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, until pork registers 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3 of 5 While pork is in oven, combine apple, 1/2 cup water, dates, apricots, remaining 2 tbsp brown sugar and remaining 1/8 tsp salt and pinch of cinnamon in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Add onion to the skillet used for pork and cook over medium heat 3 minutes. Gradually add kale, covering skillet to help wilt greens, and cook 5 minutes. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and the pepper.
- 5 of 5 Slice pork, spoon apple mixture over top and serve with mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed kale.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 504 kcal cal., 8 g Fat, total, 93 mg chol., 1 g sat. fat, 74 g carb., 9 g fiber, 37 g pro., 525 mg sodium