Baked Pasta With Sausage
- 1 of 5 In large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, until meat is no longer pink, 5 minutes. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add marinara sauce; simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in pesto. Set aside.
- 2 of 5 Cook penne following package directions.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread thin layer of sauce over bottom of dish.
- 4 of 5 In large bowl, combine drained cooked penne, remaining sauce, cubed cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan and the spinach. Spoon pasta mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over top.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 12 g sat. fat, 6 g fiber, 56 g carb., 30 g pro., 69 mg chol., 29 g Fat, total, 609 kcal cal., 1598 mg sodium