Italian Style Pork Chops With "Spaghetti"
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Pierce squash in several places with long skewer. Place on baking sheet.
- 2 of 6 Bake in 350 degree F oven 45 minutes or until knife-tender, turning squash over halfway through baking. Or, microwave on glass pie plate on high power for 15 minutes, turning over halfway. Cover to keep warm.
- 3 of 6 Meanwhile, combine the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the rosemary and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a cup. Rub the seasoning mixture over both sides of the pork chops.
- 4 of 6 Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chops; brown 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove to plate; cover to keep warm.
- 5 of 6 Add onion and zucchini to skillet; saute 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pork chops with any accumulated liquid to skillet. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6 of 6 Cut spaghetti squash in half. Remove and discard seeds. Scrape out strands of spaghetti squash with fork into a bowl. Serve with pork chops and zucchini-tomato sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 14 g Fat, total, 63 mg chol., 30 g pro., 36 g carb., 7 g fiber, 5 g sat. fat, 377 kcal cal., 1681 mg sodium