Polenta And Sausage
- 1 of 5 Combine water, cornmeal and salt in microwave-safe casserole; stir well. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; vent one corner.
- 2 of 5 Microwave at full power (100 percent) for 10 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap. Stir. Cover with paper toweling. Microwave 10 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into greased 10-inch pie pan; cool. Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- 3 of 5 Saute sausage, onion and garlic in skillet until sausage is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook, breaking up tomatoes, for 14 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- 4 of 5 Heat broiler. Cut polenta into 4 wedges. Place on broiler pan.
- 5 of 5 Broil 1 minute per side or until lightly browned. Place on serving platter. Pour sauce over and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 36 g carb., 16 g Fat, total, 353 kcal cal., 16 g pro., 45 mg chol., 987 mg sodium