Pork and Veggie Kebabs
- 1 of 1 Heat gas grill to medium high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals or heat broiler.
- 1 of 1 In a medium-size bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, chopped ginger and chili paste until blended. Set aside.
- 1 of 5 Place sweet potato slices in a microwave-safe dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and vent at one corner. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, rotating dish halfway through cooking.
- 2 of 5 Thread the sweet potatoes on 2-12-inch-long metal skewers. Repeat with pork slices and zucchini slices, each on 2 separate skewers. Use additional skewers if needed.
- 3 of 5 Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Brush both sides of skewers liberally with the remaining marinade and allow to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Place sweet potato and zucchini skewers on grill. Turn both potato and zucchini skewers after 4 minutes. Cook sweet potatoes 2 more minutes; remove to platter and cover with foil. Cook zucchini 6 more minutes; remove to platter. Add pork skewers and cook 8 minutes total, turning halfway.
- 5 of 5 Just before serving, use clean brush to brush all skewers with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 2 g sat. fat, 7 g Fat, total, 90 mg chol., 2 g fiber, 714 mg sodium, 35 g pro., 29 g carb., 318 kcal cal.