Pork Chops & Cheesy Potato Pancakes
- 1 of 5 Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Heat prepared mashed potatoes following package directions. In a large bowl, stir together potatoes and shredded cheese blend. Form into 8 pancakes, about a scant 1/3 cup each. Place on a parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until pancakes are fairly firm.
- 3 of 5 Spread 1 teaspoon of prepared pesto over the top of each chop. Broil for 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Turn chops over and spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each. Broil an additional 4 to 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time or until internal temperature reads 155 F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- 4 of 5 While pork chops cook, heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Place chilled potato pancakes in skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove to warm platter.
- 5 of 5 Serve 2 potato pancakes with each chop.
- 1 of 1 For a quick side dish, toss 1 pound cooked trimmed green beans with 1/4 cup prepared pesto. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 29 g carb., 489 kcal cal., 27 g pro., 4 g fiber, 852 mg sodium, 28 g Fat, total, 100 mg chol., 12 g sat. fat