Scrambled Egg And Sausage Ring
- 1 of 1 Line 9-1/2-inch ring mold (6 cups) with plastic wrap.
- 1 of 4 Beat eggs and milk in bowl until combined. Add applesauce, onion, bread crumbs and salt; mix until combined. Stir in sausage.
- 2 of 4 Spoon sausage mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 3 of 4 To cook sausage ring, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15 x 10 x 2-inch jelly-roll pan with foil. Remove plastic from sausage ring; invert onto pan.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 350 degree F oven 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 180 degrees F on instant-read meat thermometer.
- 1 of 2 For white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in flour until paste forms; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth; cook 1 minute, until thickened. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs, cottage cheese, white sauce, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until eggs are firm, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Transfer ring to platter. Spoon eggs into center, serving any extra on side. Garnish with parsley if desired. Cut ring into wedges. Makes 10 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 434 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 345 mg chol., 1074 mg sodium, 11 g sat. fat, 29 g Fat, total, 22 g pro., 19 g carb.