- 1 of 4 Trim fat from ribs. Place in a large, heavy, deep pot. Add onion, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt. Add enough water to cover ribs, about 10 to 12 cups.
- 2 of 4 Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour. Cover pot; cook for 30 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Remove pot from heat and drain. Transfer ribs to cutting board and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 4 of 4 In same large pot as before, place corn, tomatoes, chiles, barbecue sauce, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove and discard any fat and bones; shred remaining meat. Add meat and 1/4 cup water to pot. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve. Or keep mixture covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for several days and use as needed. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 8 cups.
To serve Shredded Pork Tacos:
- 1 of 2 Heat corn tortillas in microwave for 15 to 45 seconds. Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup shredded pork for each tortilla until warmed through. Top each tortilla with filling. Mixture could also be served with rice or on small potato rolls.
- 2 of 2 Nutrient Value Per Taco: 255 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated),15 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 779 mg sodium, 44 mg cholesterol.
Servings Per Recipe: 32
Per Serving: 7 g Fat, total, 20 g carb., 3 g sat. fat, 44 mg chol., 204 kcal cal., 14 g pro., 766 mg sodium, 1 g fiber