Slow-Cooker Cajun Pork Sandwiches
- 1 of 8 Rub pork with steak seasoning.
- 2 of 8 Place pork in slow cooker bowl. Scatter onion and celery around pork and pour 1/4 cup of the vinegar over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- 3 of 8 Remove pork from slow cooker and cut into chunks. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 4 of 8 While pork is cooling, strain contents of slow cooker over a fat separator, setting vegetables aside. Pour defatted liquid into a small saucepan.
- 5 of 8 In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar with cornstarch. Bring defatted liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in vinegar mixture and 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning. Boil 1 minute, or until thickened.
- 6 of 8 Using two forks or your hands, pull pork into shreds, discarding excess fat. Place meat in a bowl and stir in vegetables. Add thickened liquid and toss to combine.
- 7 of 8 Stir together remaining 11/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning and mayonnaise. To serve, place 1/2 cup pork mixture on each bun and top with
- 8 of 8 1 tablespoon spiced mayo.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 4 g sat. fat, 89 mg chol., 13 g Fat, total, 22 g carb., 30 g pro., 329 kcal cal., 856 mg sodium