Rice-Noodle Chicken Soup
- 1 of 2 In large pot, combine chicken broth, carrot, onion, celery, ginger and chicken. Bring to a boil. Partially cover; reduce heat to medium; simmer for 1 hour.
- 2 of 2 Strain liquid through sieve into large pot; reserve. Set chicken aside; discard other solids. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat, discarding bones. Shred meat.
- 1 of 3 Bring broth to a simmer. Add cabbage, carrots and celery; simmer for 4 minutes.
- 2 of 3 Add the noodles; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until noodles are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- 3 of 3 Add reserved chicken, the water chestnuts, soy sauce, hoisin and cilantro; simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Makes 9 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 9
Per Serving: 1761 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 319 kcal cal., 32 g pro., 22 g carb., 3 g sat. fat, 11 g Fat, total, 85 mg chol.