Raspberry Angel Food Cake
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees . In a small pot, combine raspberries, 2 tbsp sugar, the lemon juice and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer; cook 5 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing to release liquid; discard solids. Cool completely.
- 2 of 5 In a large bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and salt to soft peaks. Gradually add 1 1/3 cups sugar (a couple tablespoons at a time) until stiff peaks form.
- 3 of 5 Sift 1/3 cup flour over egg whites. Gently fold in with a large whisk until combined. Repeat twice with remaining flour.
- 4 of 5 Spoon a third of the batter into an ungreased tube pan. Spoon a third of the raspberry sauce over batter (don't allow any to touch pan's edges); swirl with a knife. Gently even out layer with an offset spatula. Repeat layering and swirling twice with remaining batter and sauce. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until golden.
- 5 of 5 Immediately invert cake but leave in pan; cool completely. Loosen cake from edges with a long, sharp knife. Serve with raspberries and, if using, whipped cream.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 4 g pro., 105 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 0 g sat. fat, 26 g carb., 120 kcal cal., 0 g Fat, total