Roasted Chicken with Leek Vinaigrette
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 450 degrees . Pat chicken dry.
- 2 of 5 Mix butter with 1 tsp tarragon, 1/8 tsp pepper and a pinch of salt. Rub the mixture under the skin of the breasts. Combine 3/4 tsp salt with 1/2 tsp pepper and sprinkle all over bird, inside and out. Truss chicken legs.
- 3 of 5 Split leeks and wash and dry well. Reserve 1 leek half and toss others with vegetable oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange cut side down and place trussed chicken on top. Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Meanwhile, finely dice remaining leek half and mix with vinegar, mustard and 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Gently fold in remaining 1 tsp tarragon.
- 5 of 5 Transfer chicken and leeks to platter and drizzle with dressing.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 5 g sugar, 880 mg sodium, 49 g pro., 603 kcal cal., 9 g sat. fat, 37 g Fat, total, 31 g fiber, 19 g carb.