Roasting a Turkey
- 1 of 6 Carefully rinse and pat dry a 19 lb turkey (thawed if frozen). Remove neck and giblets and save for another use.
- 2 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees .
- 3 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees . Cut an onion into quarters and place in cavity along with 2 cloves smashed garlic and 1 lemon, cut into quarters. Season turkey with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper (add your favorite herbs, if desired).
- 4 of 6 Tuck legs under natural flap of skin or tie together. Fold wings under. Place turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- 5 of 6 Roast at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue to roast turkey (cover with foil if its browning too quickly) for 1 hour, 50 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees in thickest part of thigh (without touching bone).
- 6 of 6 Remove turkey to a platter, garnish with herbs and orange and lemon slices, and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Servings Per Recipe: