- 1 of 7 In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise and the mustard. Spread evenly over 4 slices of bread. Arrange a slice of ham and a slice of Gruyere on each piece of bread.
- 2 of 7 Put the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of the sandwiches. Brush the outside of both slices of bread with the melted butter.
- 3 of 7 Heat an indoor grill or heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 4 of 7 Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the bread is lightly browned on both sides and there are nice-looking grill marks on the bread. Using a large spatula, transfer the sandwiches to a broiling tray or cookie sheet.
- 5 of 7 Heat the broiler.
- 6 of 7 Spread the top of the sandwiches with the remaining tablespoon mayonnaise and top with the 4 remaining slices Gruyere, being sure to cover the bread crusts.
- 7 of 7 Broil, cheese side up, for 1 to 2 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Serve hot.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 0 g fiber, 470 kcal cal., 760 mg sodium, 15 g sat. fat, 74 mg chol., 32 g Fat, total, 32 g carb., 21 g pro.