Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and Manchego Cheese
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees . Lightly coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 Combine half-and-half, nutmeg and cayenne in a large pot; add potatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes over a large bowl, reserving half-and-half.
- 3 of 6 Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks and scallions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 of 6 Layer one-third of the potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt, 1 tbsp of the flour, half the leek mixture and 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layering. Top with remaining third of the potatoes and 1 cup cheese.
- 5 of 6 Pour half-and-half over potatoes; tilt dish from side to side to evenly distribute. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top of casserole is lightly browned.
- 6 of 6 Cool slightly before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 763 mg sodium, 12 g sat. fat, 60 mg chol., 20 g Fat, total, 401 kcal cal., 14 g pro., 3 g fiber, 41 g carb.