- 1 of 1 Into large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and white pepper. Add beer; stir until smooth. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- 1 of 5 In large pot, heat oil over medium heat until it registers 370 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer. Line baking sheet with paper towels.
- 2 of 5 Spread flour on sheet of waxed paper. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge 1 fillet in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in batter to completely cover; let excess drip off.
- 3 of 5 Slide fillet into hot oil; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until nicely golden. With slotted spatula, transfer fillet to paper towel-lined baking sheet. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining fillets, making sure oil returns to 370 degrees F between batches.
- 4 of 5 Cook parsley in hot oil until crisp, about 1 minute. Remove to paper towels.
- 5 of 5 Serve fish with tartar sauce and Coleslaw, if desired. Garnish with fried parsley and lemon.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 23 g carb., 37 g Fat, total, 1 mg chol., 1 g fiber, 438 kcal cal., 779 mg sodium, 3 g sat. fat