Fire and Ice Shrimp
- 1 of 5 In a small bowl, soak red pepper flakes in vinegar for 30 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add shrimp; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes (longer if shrimp was still frozen), until pink. Do not overcook.
- 3 of 5 Drain shrimp in colander and rinse with cold water to cool. Peel. If you want more pieces, cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- 4 of 5 Place vinegar-pepper liquid, ginger, garlic, sugar and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Put in small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 5 of 5 Place shrimp, onions and scallions in a glass bowl. Add hot sauce and stir to combine well. Cover; chill overnight. Serve with toothpicks.
Servings Per Recipe: 12