Fried Catfish with Toasted Walnuts
- 1 of 6 In a shallow dish, whisk flour, paprika, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the cayenne. Place milk in another shallow dish. Set both aside.
- 2 of 6 In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Dip fillets in the milk and shake off the excess. Dredge fillets in the flour and place in a single layer in the skillet.
- 3 of 6 Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time or until golden brown. Repeat, using remaining oil as needed.
- 4 of 6 Remove to a plate lined with paper towels; keep warm.
- 5 of 6 Wipe out the skillet; melt butter over medium heat. Add walnuts, remaining cayenne and salt, and the black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until nuts are fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Take off the heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- 6 of 6 To serve, spoon an equal amount of the nut mixture over each fillet. Serve with steamed snow peas and sauteed sweet peppers, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 414 kcal cal., 13 g carb., 26 g pro., 86 mg chol., 29 g Fat, total, 8 g sat. fat, 529 mg sodium, 2 g fiber