Grilled and Oil-Poached Swordfish
- 1 of 2 In glass baking dish, combine oils, peppercorns, rind, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary. Place fish in single layer in marinade; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2 of 2 Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals or heat gas grill to high.
- 1 of 4 While grill is heating, in large shallow saucepan (fish should be submerged in single layer), combine oils and garlic. Heat oil until it registers 130 degrees F to 150 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer.
- 2 of 4 Remove swordfish from marinade, letting excess oil drip back into dish. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- 3 of 4 Grill swordfish in 2 directions to make crisscross pattern on surface, 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- 4 of 4 Submerge steaks in single layer in oil; poach until cooked through, 10 minutes (do not boil).
- 1 of 1 To save oil for making recipe again, strain through cheese cloth; discard garlic. Refrigerate oil 3 weeks.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 177 mg sodium, 23 g pro., 0 g carb., 311 kcal cal., 0 g fiber, 24 g Fat, total, 3 g sat. fat, 45 mg chol.