- 1 of 5 Coarsely cut salmon into cubes and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add dill, chives, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of oil. Pulse briefly 2 or 3 times to roughly chop fish and combine ingredients. The salmon will hold together like ground meat yet still have some shape. Do not overprocess.
- 2 of 5 Shape salmon mixture into 6 patties about 3/4 inch thick. Place patties on a small baking sheet covered with plastic wrap. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- 3 of 5 To cook, place panko crumbs in a shallow bowl. Gently turn patties in crumbs to coat all over.
- 4 of 5 Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute patties 3 minutes; turn, saute 3 minutes longer or until golden and crisp.
- 5 of 5 Serve burgers on warmed buns. Top with a generous dollop of Cucumber Sauce. Pass extra sauce. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 455 kcal cal., 24 g pro., 629 mg sodium, 62 mg chol., 4 g sat. fat, 33 g carb., 25 g Fat, total, 1 g fiber