Scallop and Shrimp Newburg Casserole
- 1 of 6 Heat the oven to 325 degree F. Coat a 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon brown rice into prepared dish.
- 2 of 6 In a medium-size skillet, combine the wine, butter, salt, black pepper, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer; add shrimp. Cook for 4 minutes over medium heat. Remove shrimp and reserve. Add scallops and cook for 5 minutes. Remove scallops and reserve.
- 3 of 6 Simmer cooking liquid for 4 minutes or until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Remove bay leaf and discard. Reserve cooking liquid.
- 4 of 6 In a small saucepan, whisk together the cream and egg yolks. Heat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- 5 of 6 Mix together the shrimp, scallops, reduced cooking liquid and cream mixture. Spoon the mixture evenly over rice. Pour cream sherry over the top.
- 6 of 6 Bake at 325 degree F for 25 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6