Shrimp And Rice Tacos
- 1 of 6 Mix together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, lime juice, salt, oregano and pepper in a shallow glass baking dish. Add shrimp; toss the shrimp to coat evenly with the marinade. Cover the dish; refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 2 of 6 Mix together the mayonnaise and salsa in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3 of 6 Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade. Add the shrimp to the skillet in an even layer; cook about 2 minutes on each side or just until the shrimp are cooked through.
- 4 of 6 Add the reserved marinade to the shrimp in the skillet. Bring to simmering over medium-high heat. Remove the skillet from heat. Stir in the rice until well blended. Cover the skillet; let stand for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 5 of 6 Meanwhile, gently warm the corn tortillas according to the package directions.
- 6 of 6 To serve the tacos, place about 1/3 cup of the shrimp and rice mixture on one half of each warm tortilla. Season with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, top with a scattering of shredded lettuce and spoon on a small amount of the salsa-mayonnaise mixture. Roll up the tortilla to make the taco. Makes 12 soft tacos.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 1 g sat. fat, 73 mg chol., 220 kcal cal., 449 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 13 g Fat, total, 17 g carb., 9 g pro.