- 1 of 3 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 3-quart shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 3 In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; saute just until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove to bowl.
- 3 of 3 In same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add onion, carrot and chives; saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in flour, paprika, salt and cayenne. Stir in milk and wine. Over medium-high, bring to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir 1 cup milk sauce into shrimp. Spoon shrimp into casserole. Stir cream into remaining milk sauce; set aside.
- 1 of 4 In saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat; stir in flour, salt and cayenne until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boiling, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, 5 minutes, until white sauce is very thick and can be scraped away from bottom of pan. Remove from heat.
- 2 of 4 Place egg yolks in large bowl. Whisk white sauce into yolks; stir in Parmesan and chives. In large clean bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff, moist peaks form. Fold a small portion of egg whites into yolk mixture; fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Evenly spoon on top of shrimp mixture in casserole.
- 3 of 4 Place souffle in oven. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden, puffy and lightly set in center.
- 4 of 4 Meanwhile, warm reserved cream sauce in saucepan in step 3. Serve souffle immediately with sauce.
- 1 of 1 Earlier in day, prepare recipe through step 4: Refrigerate casserole with shrimp mixture, covered. Place piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of cream sauce in step 3, and on white sauce in step 4; refrigerate. To assemble, heat oven to 400 degree F. Proceed with step 5.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 1 g fiber, 11 g carb., 22 g pro., 360 kcal cal., 14 g sat. fat, 324 mg chol., 25 g Fat, total, 697 mg sodium