- 1 of 7 Heat broth in a saucepan.
- 2 of 7 Meanwhile, press garlic cloves with flat side of knife to soften. Leave them whole and unpeeled.
- 3 of 7 Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook until browned, but not burned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4 of 7 Transfer garlic from oil with slotted spoon to broth. Remove from heat. Set aside to steep for a few minutes.
- 5 of 7 Place bread in oil in skillet. Strain broth into skillet, discarding garlic. Bring broth to boiling. Lower heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 6 of 7 If using, poach eggs in the simmering soup for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7 of 7 To serve, divide the bread among 4 bowls. Pour in hot soup, and 1 egg in each bowl if using
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 1591 mg sodium, 14 g pro., 40 g carb., 351 kcal cal., 14 g Fat, total, 0 mg chol.