Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake bread according to package directions.
- 2 of 4 Melt butter in large saucepan over high heat. Add leeks; reduce heat to medium-high; cook, stirring, until very soft but not browned, 6 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Add potatoes and their seasoning packet to saucepan; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add clam juice and juice from can of clams. Stir in corn kernels and half-and-half. Bring to a bare simmer.
- 4 of 4 Meanwhile, whisk milk and cornstarch in small cup. Once soup is barely simmering, stir in milk mixture, chopped clams and shrimp; simmer until shrimp are white throughout and chowder thickens slightly, 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, black pepper and pepper sauce, if using. Serve with bread.
- 1 of 2 Look in refrigerator section of your supermarket for the potatoes. You can substitute 1 pound potatoes, peeled, cubed, parboiled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 2 of 2 *To make sure you're express-lane bound, you'll only need to buy 9 items max, asterisked on the ingredient lists above. A serving of each recipe constitutes an entire meal; you don't need side dishes. Keep this in mind when evaluating the nutrition info provided.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 23 g pro., 393 kcal cal., 8 g sat. fat, 854 mg sodium, 135 mg chol., 17 g Fat, total, 38 g carb.