Winter Squash and Tomato Soup
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Place whole squash in roasting pan with 1 inch of water.
- 3 of 5 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 30 minutes. Cool in cold water. Quarter squash; remove seeds; peel. Cut into chunks.
- 4 of 5 Heat butter in 4-quart pot. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, until glazed. Add squash, tomatoes, celery and carrots; cook 5 minutes. Add broth, cider, bouquet garni, bay leaf, ginger and cumin. Cover; simmer for 35 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Discard bouquet garni and bay leaf.
- 5 of 5 Working in batches, puree soup in blender or food processor. Pour back into pot. Add half-and-half, salt and pepper. Serve hot. Garnish.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 1120 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 6 g sat. fat, 27 mg chol., 11 g Fat, total, 21 g carb., 4 g pro., 187 kcal cal.