Sour Cherry Rice Pudding
- 1 of 5 Combine 1 cup water, rice and evaporated milk in a 2- to 3-quart round slow cooker.
- 2 of 5 In a small saucepan, cook sugar and milk over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until bubbles appear around edges and sugar has dissolved. Stir into slow cooker with salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 41/2 hours.
- 3 of 5 While rice is cooking, bring cherry juice to a boil and pour over cherries in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving juice.
- 4 of 5 Stir cherries, 3 tbsp of the warm juice, the cinnamon and nutmeg into slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 20 minutes more.
- 5 of 5 Turn off slow cooker and allow pudding to cool, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 11 g pro., 1 g sat. fat, 87 g carb., 202 mg sodium, 1 g Fat, total, 7 mg chol., 408 kcal cal.