Peach Angel Food Cake
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 6 Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl at room temperature. In a small bowl, sift together cake flour, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- 3 of 6 Beat egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until very frothy. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup of the superfine sugar.
- 4 of 6 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together peach spread and schnapps. Gradually beat into whites. Slowly beat in remaining 1 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 5 of 6 Fold in flour mixture in three additions. Transfer batter to a 10-inch removable bottom tube pan, running a knife through batter.
- 6 of 6 Bake at 350 degrees F for 42 to 45 minutes, until top is browned, cracked and dry to the touch. Invert pan immediately; cool cake completely.
- 1 of 2 Toss peaches, sugar and lemon juice in a medium-size glass bowl. Let stand until cake is cooled.
- 2 of 2 To serve, remove cake from pan; cut into 12 servings. Top each with a few peach slices plus some juice. Makes 12 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 1 g fiber, 0 g sat. fat, 58 mg sodium, 0 mg chol., 168 kcal cal., 0 g Fat, total, 4 g pro., 39 g carb.